12 November 2009

Immigration; Part 1

Scan passport and email image to immigration coordinator.

This was a pretty easy step. There was some trouble with remembering to use the scanner software, but I got it figured out. Why are there "scan" buttons on scanners that don't work unless the computer has the software open, and the user chooses to scan via the software? All the "scan" button does is send an error message to the little scanner screen. You don't even use it to photocopy; for that there's a separate "copy" button. Redundancy is only worthwhile if both methods perform the task. The "scan" button is pretend redundancy.

I hope nobody's confused when they see my high school passport photo. My hair was about 30 inches longer and my glasses were way less awesome. It's amazing how haircut and glasses can totally change a person's face. My hair was a different color (possibly the natural one?) too, but since the passport has translucent blue over the whole photo, I expect that's insignificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment