12 November 2009

Let's try this again; Career Version 2.0

A new career move calls for a new blog, I think. For those who don't know (although I doubt many strangers will find this blog compelling) I have a new job, 5 months after being laid off. My new job is in a new country, which I think will help me stay motivated to write this one. My life in Kansas generally wasn't exciting enough to make posting worthwhile, especially since my job, where I spent the vast majority of my waking hours, was incomprehensible to anyone who hasn't had to deal with math and government paperwork simultaneously. Not to mention most of it was company confidential, since I was on a development project. And you have to admit, daily posts of "I went to work, came home, played with the dogs, spent time with R, and went to bed" is pretty boring, even for an "I ate cereal" style blog.
This one might turn into that as well, but if nothing else, I'll start a 365 photo project as soon as I find my camera. This blog will also serve to track my progress with immigration paperwork, house selling, possession disposal, and all the other details of moving across the Atlantic in 2.5 months. While that information might not interest anyone else, it'll be helpful for me to have a record of it, I think.
I'm planning to play with semi-anonymity on this one, because I imagine I'll be a lot more stalkable in a country where my name isn't so ubiquitous. I'm not sure if I'll keep it up or not, but you can't switch to anonymity after you've broken it, so I'm starting out that way.

1 comment: