04 April 2010

MOVING!!!!!

My visa is finally ready, and my plans are progressing. I'll fly from KS to NYC on Apr. 13, spend the night there, head to the Dutch embassy bright and early on the 14th to pick up my visa, do something during the afternoon, and fly out to Amsterdam in the evening. What with a layover in England and the time change, I'll arrive in Amsterdam mid-afternoon on the 15th, where very thoughtful and generous E will pick me up! I won't have to navigate an unfamiliar place while exhausted from a rather long flight, which makes me happy.

Naturally, I now have a very long list of stuff to do, some of which we really should have thought of earlier. Like switching the utilities to R's name, a simple task I could have completed months ago. We thought of it a few days ago. Oops.

I've been spending the weekend trying on clothes, deciding what to keep, and boxing stuff up for Goodwill. Along with booking flights, figuring out that I don't need an appointment to get my visa (this took a couple phone calls), and figuring out everything that needs to be packed and done before I leave. My list of things to do over the weekend is about half complete, although replacing the bedroom ceiling fan will take up a fair chunk of tomorrow, and I probably need to reduce the number of shoes I'm taking again. Knitting has been very helpful in maintaining calm while I think everything through, and the lace for MM has progressed rather a lot. The dogs are getting microchipped on Monday, so that we won't have to deal with it when we're actually shipping them over, much later than now. So everything's all very exciting, and I'll be very busy over the next week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment