10 April 2010

Packing stuff up

Having spent the week listening to tedious on-hold music and trying to finish up my wedding scrapbook (only about 15 more photos to go!) I've now moved into the final packing up stages. Tomorrow will be devoted to laundry and balancing out the suitcases, and deciding if a third one is worth the hassle and extra charge. Today we spent an hour switching the cable account to R's name, and I'm going to pack my carry on later to see if the new bag is big enough. My usual carry-on bag isn't good for a laptop, so I picked up a laptop bag at Target. It looks like it'll hold everything I want in a carry-on, but I need to actually try it. It's surprisingly hard to find a bag that zips all the way shut instead of just having one of those magnetic closures. I like the zip up ones better for traveling. R is going through the DVD book and dividing them up, which feels really weird considering how recently I merged and re-alphabetized them. R is also going through the box we throw all the random electronics stuff in for showing the house to make sure I have all the cords and cables and chargers I need. I'm mostly being grumpy, because my new knitting needles STILL aren't here, and I'd really like them to arrive before I leave. They've been in town for over a week now, so I don't understand why they aren't here yet. Frustrating.

I'm really looking forward to getting to Delft, I'm just not very happy about the traveling I have to do to get there. I don't really like flying, and I'm looking at 2 days of flying and exhaustion, since most of my time in NYC will be spent either in line at the embassy or waiting in the airport.


No comments:

Post a Comment